Sep 24, 2018
Sexy Spirituality podcast Episode
Learning to Listen to
Kimjera: Fall is keeping us busy: Homecoming dress shopping,
flag football practice, a new business opportunity.
Lezli: I love fall! I love the cooler weather and crisp
Lezli Goodwin: "Learning to Listen to Your
- So many people go through life waiting for a sign, so they can
be sure that they’re doing the right thing.
- I believe that flash of intuition, that sudden sense of
knowingness that comes from nowhere, IS that sign.
- Ernest Holmes said that the highest God and the Innermost God
are One God, so that inner knowingness is literally the voice of
God in us.
- But we doubt it! We question it! We think it’s crazy.
- That initial impulse is almost always right. We need to learn
Roundtable with Kimjera Whittington & Sonia
- Kimjera: My dad used tot ell me that when I listen to that
voice, it's not always right but when I don't listen, I for sure am
wrong. It's not a guarantee. We have to take int hat
information and decide that we want to do with it.
- It invites you to use your discernment, while treating that
internal awareness as information worth being considered.
- Sonia: Do you have different sensory locations for different
kinds of intuitive understanding? Logical knowing in the head,
emotional knowing in the chest. For Lezli (and probably only
Lezli), the rear end when encountering a moment of
- Kimjera: I don't always feel like I'm getting along with my
intuition. I hear it, but I don't want to listen. Sometimes I just
don't want to follow what it's telling me.
- Sonia: I definitely think intuition grows with life experience.
Being able to tell which is intuition, versus what is the next good
- Lezli: For me, intuition is always life-affirming and always
- Sonia: In business or consulting, sometimes my intuition is
best in the long run but it may not feel immediately life affirming
because it requires change.
- Kimjera: YES! Sometimes in business you have to help clients
see how to be in alignment, and it can be a bit more complicated.
But it generally works out. It's getting easier as businesses are
opening to ideas like mindfulness and conscious leadership.
- Sonia: As I get older, I can just relax. There's a whole lot
- Learning what we personally need to do to deepen our own
connection to intuition is key -- silence, meditation, prayer,
whatever we personally need.
Quote of the Episode
"It;s essential to remember that 'highest and best' does not
mean you're going to like it or it's going to be easy."
Tell Us Something Good!
I've just signed with Luminary Speakers, a speaking agent, and
will be working with businesses and organizations who are ready to
expand and thrive. You can find all the details to book me as a
keynote speaker at www.LuminarySpeakers.com and www.kimjerawhittington.com
I have a Spiritual Entrepreneur program starting this
Thursday. That's ten modules over ten months for spiritual
community leaders. Class begins September 27 and meets online
via Zoom technology. Your can learn more and register at
reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonia and I have teamed to create a class called "Business and
Branding: a Spiritual Entrepreneurship Program for
Practitioners." Beginning this Wednesday, September 26, via
the power of Zoom, we'll be exploring the tools and concepts that
can help you shine your light more brightly into the world.
Learn more at www.soniabyrne.com or reach
out directly at email@example.com
Thank you for tuning in to Sexy Spirituality!
Share your thoughts at SexySpirituality@gmail.com
Be sure to subscribe at www.SexySpiritualityPodcast.com
Our next episode is "Music Changes Everything"