Dec 24, 2018
Sexy Spirituality Episode #16
Manifesting Less Stress
Lezli celebrated Yule on Friday, the Pagan winter solstice. She
had a quiet gathering with family around a fire, calling back the
sun and warmth with food, fun and intentions for the new
year. Sonia shared about Tig's Eve, a Newfoundland tradition
that is different from anywhere else in Canada, where friends
gather to kick off the holiday season.
Manifesting Less Stress
- We can get stuck in the mode of stress, even though we know
that Spirit has us and we're sourced and supported.
- During the holidays, there is a lot of energy around family,
wrapping gifts, etc.
- Sometimes experiencing less stress is about realizing when you
need to stop and take a breath.
- We're big on meditation, but at this time of year it can be
helpful to plan additional calming, centering activities
- Proactive, Planned and Prepared! yoga, group meditation,
going for walks, structured calming activities can really
help. Even if you only make it to some of those activities,
it really helps to build those gentle activities in.
- Mindless, creative activities can help, too! Coloring
books, baking, crocheting, beading, even Netflix. Lezli has
been painting a lot more than usual. Give yourself the space to do
things that just feel good.
- Classic Zen saying, "You should meditate an hour a day, unless
you're busy. Then you should meditate two hours a day!"
- Mind-Body-Spirit: taking care of ALL of ourselves.
- Take advantage of the healing services and meditations your
local spiritual community offers during the season, especially if
you are grieving or struggling. Just knowing you have positive
activities to look forward to can carry you through difficult
- Moving into gratitude can help us feel more centered as
well. Make a list of 5 things you are thankful for. Our brain
won't allow us to be in both gratitude and something else -- it
helps us release anger, fear or any other emotion.
- If we have a sense that something is going to be stressful, it
can be helpful to anticipate it and plan a response that won't make
it worse. Practice the response, so you can feel good about
it. It can protect you, especially when you are tired or not
- Remember, other people's opinions or judgments don't actually
have anything to do with you! You can honor their right to their
own opinion without accepting it as our own truth.
- We don't have to attend every fight we are invited to!
We're kicking off another round of "Business & Branding: A
Spiritual Entrepreneurship Program for Practitioner Success" on
January 10. Designed for Healing arts practitioners, coaches
and spiritual practitioners, this interactive Zoom class will give
you the tools to shine your light more brightly in the world,
including pricing, talking about your offerings, creating marketing
materials and more. $379 (includes two 45 minute coaching
sessions: a $300 value). Find out more at www.soniabyrne.com
Center for Spiritual Living Murietta Valley is offering a New
Year meditation and intention-setting session to start the year off
right. Our first Sunday Celebration will be on January 13. Come
join us! Find out more at www.thrivecsl.org or check us
out on Facebook.
I'm offering more rounds of Releasing the Rocks, a two-session
workshop that helps you learn to release the stored emotion that's
holding you back. We have an in-person class in Phoenix and
some online options via Zoom as well. Just $45, includes a recorded
meditation and journaling pages. Find out more at www.lezligoodwin/onlineclasses
We'll see you December 30 for our next episode of Sexy
Spirituality, "The Resolution Revolution." Share your thoughts with
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.