Feb 11, 2019
Sexy Spirituality Episode
The Spirituality of
Sonia and Lezli chat about what they do when stuck on a flight
with no screen! In Sonia's most recent experience, she had
exams to grade and work to do. This never happens to Lezli,
because she always has several audio books on her phone. (Usually a
cheesy vampire novel...)
The Spirituality of Failure
- Sonia was recently contacted to do a business symposium panel
on failure. As someone who is willing to have difficult
conversations, of course they wanted to invite her to
- Failure brings out shame, and most people want to hide from
that -- lie, deny, distract, drink, whatever it takes to cover it
- To become a powerhouse, we often need to have gone through a
whole lot of experiences, including serious failures. We want
the shortcut, but it doesn't work like that.
- We learn what works by experiencing what doesn't work!
- Many people are afraid to do brave things that risk failure
publicly. If you are going to try big things, you're going to suck
sometimes. There's nothing you can do about it except continue
- I am more afraid of living a life that is not fully expressed
than I am of failure.
- We often learn more from failures than we do successes.
- What do you value more? Avoiding failure or avoiding
- We love to reference icons like Steve Jobs or Thomas Edison or
Madonna. We have a tendency to overlook the rounds of failure and
only look at the success. But the failures are actually steps in
the process of success.
- If you're going to fail, fail big and then -- TA
- Failure does not indicate that there is something wrong. It
simply means there is more to be discovered before you reach your
- Something important is happening here every time we get back up
and TA DA!
I am offering a workshop at the virtual Center for Spiritual
Living Vista Conference on Strategic Planning for Spiritual
Communities. March 6, 10:00 AM PST.
I am teaching another round of Releasing the Rocks, my
two-session workshop that helps you release old emotions and live a
life that is more free. This version is in person in
Phoenix. Find out more and register at www.newvisioncsl.org
We'll see you February 18 for our next episode of Sexy
Spirituality. Share your thoughts with us at