Mar 12, 2019
Sexy Spirituality Episode
The Sunday Monday
Sonia and Lezli chat about how fun it is to visit different
spiritual communities and see how folks do things. Each community
is completely unique and perfect.
The Sunday Monday Blues
- The Sunday Monday Blues show up when you just don't want your
weekend to come to an end. It can look like apathy, sadness or
outright dread of Monday morning.
- One classic way to stave off the SMB is to fill yourself up
with spiritual community on Sunday. Visit a spiritual center, watch
a service online, or get together with some like-minded
- Create a Sunday evening ritual that helps you set your
intention for the week.
- Pre-plan something you'll really enjoy on Monday morning, like
a favorite meeting or project. Leave yourself encouraging notes to
find or a little morning treat.
- If the SMB are ongoing, take some time to look within and
identify the real problem. What is it you are dreading? Can you
find a way to shift that issue?
- A gratitude practice, especially identifying gratitude around
someone or something that is challenging you, can help you change
your own attitude. And then, amazingly, the other person often
shifts as well!
- Big picture, SMB are an inside issue, and can only be resolved
by looking inward and making some decisions around actions and
ideas. What will move you forward? What's holding you back? Get
connected with a community that will support you in the healthiest
Riverside Community Center for Spiritual Living is offering a
FREE one-week Rise & Shine Morning Meditation on Zoom beginning
March 25, 6:30 AM PST. You can find the link on our Facebook Page
I just released a new book this month. "Built on Faith:
Transform Your Life through Affirmative Prayer" is the how-to on
affirmative prayer that I wish I'd had when I was learning. Whether
you are just starting affirmative prayer or you're looking for a
great textbook for your prayer classes, this is the book for you.
We'll see you March 18 for our next episode of Sexy
Spirituality, The Spirituality of Social Activism. Share
your thoughts with us at email@example.com.