Sep 17, 2018
Sexy Spirituality podcast Episode
Redefine Success and
Kimjera: Excited that we came up with this idea a couple of
weeks ago and it's today's topic!
Sonia: Helping clients through this back to school period
Lezli: Our youngest child just left for college!
Kimjera Whittington "Redefine Success and
- The word success means so many things to different people. We
can think of creating wealth, making money, chasing the white
picket fence & looking like we have it all.
- So many belief systems can get wrapped into what it is to be
- We can choose to redefine how we look at success.
- Success can mean being a kind person, taking care of ourselves
and others, making a difference.
- Definition: "Accomplishment of an aim or purpose"
- It's important that our definition of success reflects our
Roundtable with Lezli Goodwin & Sonia
- There is a transition between the old definition and the new
definition, and it can be a pivot point.
- A big part of that redefinition is a mindfulness about what
matters to you as an individual.
- "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do and liking how
you do it." ~Maya Angelou
- For some people, abundance isn't particularly important, which
is okay. For others, it really is, and that's okay. That's
part of redefining success to reflect what is important to
- Another definition, "attainment of popularity or profit"
- Popularity is a perspective. We never know what's really
going on inside other people.
- The judgement of people looking from the outside and from their
own definition of success can put a lot of pressure on people.
- The feeling of dissatisfaction in one's own life can come from
buying into other peoples' definitions of success.
- Opening up to our own ideas, goals and what we really want, we
are so much more empowered. It means resisting what we
"should" do, so we aren't out of alignment with our true calling or
trying to be something that we're not.
- It's okay to say "no thank you" to something that doesn't fit
your definition of success, even if other people can't understand
- Hopefully, as we get older, we care a little less what other
- The myth of The Hustle can pull people into that old way of
thinking, implies that there's not enough for everybody. It's lack
- As co-hosts, we're redefining success around being a
stay-at-home mom, health, and career stability. This idea of
redefining success hits every area of life.
- Anchoring into redefining success requires us to learn who we
really are by tuning into our intuition, which is the topic of our
Quote of the Episode
"I love abundance. Bring it on! I just want it to
come because I'm doing what I'm passionate about, not just because
I'm chasing money." Lezli
Tell Us Something Good!
On my website, I launched a Strategy Session for people who own
their own business or are looking to start their own
business. FOr just $1.00, you do a 30-40 minute session with
me and walk away with a Business Blueprint. You can find all the
details at www.kimjerawhittington.com
I have a Spiritual Entrepreneur program starting in a few
weeks. That's ten modules over ten months for spiritual
community leaders. Class begins September 27 and meets online
via Zoom technology. Your can learn more and register at
reach me by email at email@example.com
I have an offer that leans into my social media marketing
coaching side. If you'd like to learn to make wonderful,
professional graphics and marketing materials for you business,
"Yes You Canva" teaches you step-by-step! Using the very
inexpensive tool, Canva.com, you can make custom graphics for
social media, flyers, newsletters and more. This is a video-based
class, so you can take it at your own pace. Learn more and register
Thank you for tuning in to Sexy Spirituality!
Share your thoughts at SexySpirituality@gmail.com
Be sure to subscribe at www.SexySpiritualityPodcast.com
Our next episode is "Learning to Listen to Your Intuition"