Dec 10, 2018
Sexy Spirituality podcast Episode
Special guest host: Tracy Brown
Kimjera has announced the creation of a brand new spiritual
community, Center for Spiritual Living Murietta Valley!
Spirituality and Diversity:
- Diversity is just God being God, showing up as the natural
profusion of life. All of nature is diverse. It's a part of the
- Somehow, when we start talking about people, this gets all
- Inclusion is just us making a commitment to walk our spiritual
talk to love thy neighbor as myself. God is expressed in, through
and as me. The only way I can express that is through me. I
need to be an expression of inner peace, where other people can
express that, too.
- Indicators of a community is engaged in the inclusion process:
valuing how different people show up, which may or may not have to
do with race or ethnicity. People don't always agree, but
they work through it. Realizing what you've learned from
people from other places or cultures.
- God makes no mistakes. We're here in the likeness and image of
- How can a community leader move the dial on diversity and
inclusion? Every community has diversity, but we don't always see
it. However, leaders can have blinders on about who is
available and interested in being engaged. Draw a 5 mile
diameter circle around your community and look at the census -- who
are you missing?
- Tracy wants leaders to be asking the question of what are they
doing to make sure people feel welcome and included.
- Is our purpose to have a Sunday morning service? Or is our
purpose to offer education that helps people have a life of
- Building a Healthy Multi-Ethnic Church: Commitments and
Practices of a Diverse Congregation, Mark Deymaz
- The books of Jim Wallis, Buy Here
- A Bigger Table: Building a Messy, Authentic, and Hopeful
Spiritual Community, John Pavlovitz
Tell Us Something Good!
Sonia and I are running another round of our Business &
Branding: A Spiritual Entrepreneurship Program for Practitioner
Success. Get past those bumps that can stop you from really going
for it out in the world. Meets via Zoom, starting January 10, 7:00
EST. Check it out at www.soniabyrne.com
I'm facilitating a book study on You Can Heal Your
Life by Louise Hay via Zoom technology. Class
starts in January, and ar eoffered in times that will be good for
the Pacific folks. Find out more and register at soniabyrne.com
Our brand new community is launching! Services should start in
January. Find out more on Facebook @cslmuriettavalley at
Stained Glass Spirit, my new book about spirituality
and inclusivity, is due to come out this month. Two more books will
drop between now and April. The best place to find book info,
webinar info and more is www.stainedglassspirit.net
Thank you for tuning in to Sexy Spirituality!
Share your thoughts at SexySpirituality@gmail.com
Be sure to subscribe at www.SexySpiritualityPodcast.com
We'll see you on December 17 for our next episode, Fostering